Ovesco free energy advice sessions in Lewes
Community energy company Ovesco run a range of free sessions across Lewes for anyone wanting advice on their energy bills, energy efficiency or installing renewable energy systems. Here’s a run-down of when and where you can speak to them.
Ovesco is a not-for-profit community interest company that develops community-owned renewable energy across the Lewes District and East Sussex to reduce our region’s carbon footprint and lower its dependence on imported energy. It offers free, impartial energy advice to residents, and has helped hundreds of households over the last year with their energy bills.
Ovesco has a regular weekly drop-in sessions on:
- Tuesdays at the Town Hall Market, 10am to 12 noon
- Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 11am to 3pm at Lewes House, 32 High Street BN7 2JU in the room next to the Climate Hub (half way up School Hill, next to the School Hill Surgery)
Occasional drop-in sessions:
- Landport Community Room, 2a Horsfield Road, Lewes. BN7 2TA – Fridays 6th and 20th October 9am to 11.30am
- Ringmer Library, Ringmer Village Hall, Lewes Road, Ringmer BN8 5QH – Tuesdays 3rd and 31st October to 4pm, and 14th October 10am to 12 noon
Trained Energy Champions are on hand to provide:
- Advice on bills and talking to your energy supplier
- Advice on how to access free or part-funded energy efficiency measures
- Advice on the cheapest energy tariffs available
- Information about easy DIY home energy saving and keeping your home affordably warm for people working from home
- Help with approaching suppliers regarding arrears, direct debits, and payment plans
- Advice on eco heating upgrades, renewable energy (eg solar panels), and retrofitting your home to be more energy efficient.
Get in contact
You can also contact the Ovesco hotline and speak with an Energy Champion or arrange a one-to-one meeting and ask about home discounts and energy-related financial support.
Freephone: 0800 4589045