Please note TTL does not run any of the food banks. Please contact them directly.
Here’s a handy summary of the food banks in Lewes – what donations they are looking for and when and where to donate – plus what to do if you need the support of a food bank.
PLEASE DONATE GOODS AT ONE OF THE DROP-OFF LOCATIONS BELOW
YOUR LOCAL FOOD BANK NEEDS:
- Tinned goods – baked beans, meat, meatballs, sausages, tomatoes
- Tinned fruit and veg
- Rice and pasta
- Pasta sauces
- Tea, coffee, juices, hot chocolate
- Sanitary products – towels, not tampons please
- Toiletries such as toothpaste, soap, shower gel…
- Washing up liquid
- Cleaning products such as multi surface sprays, washing powder, toilet rolls…
- Carrier bags for distribution, and empty egg boxes – Landport have more than enough egg-boxes, but Fitzjohn are accepting them.
WHERE TO DONATE:
- At Waitrose or Tesco, in the collections near the tills
- To Landport Foodbank – email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange drop off time at 2A Horsfield Road, Landport, Lewes BN7 2TA
- To Fitzjohn’s Food Bank, Christ Church, Prince Edward’s Road, Lewes BN7 1BL, Mondays 10.30am – 1pm. Leave in collection bin under porch outside main entrance, email email@example.com, tel. 07395 156873
- Malling Food Bank, King’s Church, Brooks Road, Lewes, BN7 2BY Mondays between 12:00 – 1:30pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org For emergencies please contact Anna Scott Malling Food Bank Coordinator on 07539306585.
How to use a food bank
People needing to use the foodbanks can be referred direct by referrers including GPs/Healthcare staff, Lewes District Council – Housing Services or Adult Social Care, Lewes Children’s Centre, housing associations and social housing providers, Citizen’s Advice or local church leaders.
If you are in need, please DO NOT turn up to a food bank without either a referral or contacting the foodbank first. This will help the team to be super careful about hygiene and social distancing and keep everyone safe.