Vacancy: Lewes Climate Hub Co-ordinator
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised person to help manage the new Lewes Climate Hub space at Lewes House on School Hill. We have lots of affiliated climate, environment and community groups looking to use the space for displays, workshops, talks and drop-in events.
We want to make the Hub a vibrant, informative and constantly interesting place for the public to visit – and somewhere they’ll want to keep visiting. To do that, we need to ensure the space is extremely well-managed and organised – which is why getting the right Hub Co-ordinator is essential.
Provisionally mid-March 2023 (tbc – dependent on opening date of Hub)
- Freelance basis
- Requires 12 hours a week: four hours a day (11am-3pm) Wednesday-Friday
- Pay is £15 per hour (i.e. £180 per week)
- Required for up to 48 weeks per year (subject to three-month trial period)
Who we are looking for
A sociable, enthusiastic person who:
- Is highly organised with meticulous attention to detail
- Has good computer and social media skills
- Enjoys dealing with members of the public
- Ideally has an interest in environmental issues.
Duties to include:
- Be present at the Hub 11am-3pm Wednesday to Friday to greet, sign in and guide visitors (a volunteer will be co-staffing the Hub most days)
- Manage affiliate requests to use the space using our chosen online booking app
- Keep our hard-copy bookings book up-to-date
- Collect booking fees where relevant
- Liaise with groups using the space for exhibitions, talks, workshops etc
- Help to keep the main Hub room organised and tidy
- Log visitor enquiries and direct to appropriate Hub members
- Update A-boards displayed outside the Hub with what’s on each day/week
- Promote upcoming events on the Hub’s Facebook and Instagram pages
- Liaise with affiliate groups to share details of upcoming events, activities or other news about their group
- Where required, liaise with Community Energy South and Ovesco community energy (who share the ground floor space with us).
Interested applicants should send a CV and short covering letter to email@example.com by 10am Monday 20 February
Hi. The job is for 12 hours a week which are the 3 days you are open. I just wanted to confirm that all the tasks mentioned will be completed when at the Hub and there are no out of hours tasks. Also, please confirm that this is definitely a freelance job as it seems to be very fixed hours which seems to be an employee type role?