Recipe for a Plastic-Free Ouse Day
Every year lots of plastic bags of flour and water-filled balloons get thrown into the Ouse as the rafters go by. It’s great fun for us, but not so much for the creatures and the river. So Plastic-Free Lewes have found an alternative.
It’s odourless, it’s colourless, it’s made of seaweed, it’s….
Easy Ousey Jelly
Keep our river plastic-free and try this simple recipe for kinder missiles –
For 1 litre of jelly :
- Put 15g Agar powder/flakes in saucepan
- Add 1 litre of cold water and mix it
- Put lid on and boil for a minute or two, mix again
- Keep lid on and let it cool for at least 4 hours
- Make balls of jelly by scooping with an ice cream scoop & putting them in a bucket.
And wave goodbye to plastic bags of flour, water balloons and other environmental nasties.