As part of the restructuring resulting from the formation of a steering group, some amendments have to be made to the TTL principles. The proposed changes are indicated below. If you have any views or concerns about these changes, please let us know
Transition Town Lewes (TTL)
HOW WE WORK
These are the principles that guide the way TTL works. These are continuing to develop and evolve:
- We work together because we know that together we are greater than the sum of our parts. We work in a collaborative way because we get better results for less effort.
- We don’t need permission to act. There is no hierarchy. Individuals in TTL take responsibility for their own decisions, actions and results. Responsibility and leadership for TTL are also shared by everyone. We don’t need permission to act as long as there is a group (as defined here…) around the action. Individuals and groups in TTL take responsibility for their decisions, actions and results.
- We are a networked organisation with a steering group (as defined here…)
- We trust that those who step forward have good intentions and will make good decisions. We give autonomy and support to those who wish to be part of TTL.
- We are accountable to ourselves and to each other in keeping with the TTL purpose and principles.
- We are transparent in everything we do.
- We don’t have a blueprint. We believe in multiple paths, ideas and possibilities. We think questions are as important as answers. It’s fine to make mistakes and learn from them.
- We are open to working with everyone. We welcome diversity and see it as a strength not a problem. We avoid categories of “them and us”.
- We recognise that we are all teachers and learners. We value both the professional and the practical.
- We acknowledge other initiatives and seek to find ways to collaborate and further the aims of TTL.
- We give what we can and ask for what we need.
- Individually and as a group we work on the things we enjoy so that we do them well.
- We work with a natural momentum, driven by our passion and positive approach.