The Lewes Transition Town Enterprise Group has been itching to put some of its ideas into practice since it formed a short while ago. One of the themes we kept coming back to was how we might help new and would-be entrepreneurs. We also agreed that local food producers would be key to the resilient local economy that we were dreaming into being. Read more here…
We want to see a thriving, resilient and universally beneficial economy in which local people can create secure and fulfilling livelihoods by providing the produce, goods, services and skills that our town needs.
The Enterprise Group encourages and supports local people in establishing and developing enterprises that help to meet Lewes’s needs for food, energy, transport and other essential goods and services in a fair and sustainable way.
We aim to:
– provide support and guidance to people looking to set up new businesses – with a focus on enterprises that reflect Transition Town values and goals
– signpost young transition businesses to sources of funding, business help and skills development
– match up people to enterprise opportunities that could become a full livelihood or a part-time source of income.
– work with local authorities, other community groups and funding sources to help foster a local economy in which sustainable enterprises can thrive.
The Enterprise Group always wants to hear from people who want to set up their own enterprise, have an enterprise opportunity that become a source of income for someone, or who have skills and spare time to help young businesses develop.
Contact Juliet Oxborrow to discuss.
Latest enterprise opportunities:
Become a draughtbuster
An opportunity has arisen for one or two people to start a small draughtproofing enterprise to help people make homes warmer by stopping draughts mainly at outer doors and windows. The position includes training – and the opportunity to train others. More information about this to follow very soon.
Join our Enterprise Resource Bank
TTL Enterprise Group is building an Enterprise Resource Bank – a database of skills and resources across Lewes that could be of value to people setting up or running their own enterprise.
The Enterprise Group is focused on supporting transition enterprises that are meeting local needs for food, goods and energy in a low-carbon, low-impact way.
We want to hear from you if:
– You have any business, coaching, or other professional skills (eg accounting, sales/marketing, internet, business planning) that you are willing to share with young businesses.
– You are seeking to cost-share resources such as premises, land, transport, machinery or bulk-buy materials.
– You want to invest in young transition enterprises in the Lewes area.
Whatever your resources or skills, email us with your details
Please indicate where you are willing to volunteer services and where payment/reciprocity would be preferred.